While food feeds your body, money feeds your needs but travel feeds your soul. Travelling is a great way to expose yourself to the world around you, the people you meet, their culture, food, terrain and much more really humbles you and gives you things that no amount of money can.
The experience you get out of travelling may be something that money can’t buy but you do need money to make these experiences possible in the first place.
This brings us to our topic for this article: A list of things to consider in budget-friendly travel.
A budget-friendly travel is a great way to find common ground between money and travel, in this article we will give you a list of things you can consider to make your budget-friendly travel possible.
- Opt for a budget-friendly destination: There are a lot of travel destinations that are highly commercialized and this leads to inflating prices. What you should do is spend some time researching what are some of the alternative destinations that you can explore and are also budget-friendly. This is an essential consideration before you actually start your travels.
- Travel in shoulder season: A shoulder season is the time period just before and after peak season. It is best if you travel during this time because then you will save on paying the extra high prices that are usually there during peak seasons like summer and winter break for children because this is a time when families travel so hotel prices and other prices are at a premium. When you travel during the off-season you also get a good discount from airlines so it helps you to cut the cost and you should definitely consider this for budget-friendly travel.
- Choose your accommodation carefully: Accommodation is one of the main expenditures on any trip and therefore you should choose a cheaper option because you are going to be out most of the time anyway. As one of the things to consider for budget-friendly travel, we suggest you go to a hostel instead of a hotel. You could also look for a homestay which not only is a cheaper option but also gives you access to valuable information from the locals that you won’t find anywhere on the Internet.
- Call in your friends and family: In the current day of the internet even though we have become more connected on digital devices but nothing can make up for actual presence. Go to a city where you have your friends and family staying, not only that will help you save on your accommodation cost but they being local will give you good recommendations and you get to meet your loved ones while enjoying travelling. It’s a win-win in all senses and a great tip for budget-friendly travel.
- Pack properly: It is often an ignored fact but if you pack properly you can save a lot of money, let us explain how. Often when you are out travelling there may be a sudden rain or any other contingency but if you have packed for possible outcomes you won’t need to buy new stuff in the new city and this will help you greatly on saving out on a lot of bucks. Always keep a full-length jeans, hoodies, raincoats, and a waterproof bag cover. This will come in really handy and it is one important tip for budget-friendly travel.
- Don’t delay your bookings: If you are procrastinating your bookings it can take a hit on your pocket. Airlines release their tickets well in advance and the sooner you book it the better from a monetary point of view. Remember to also book your return flight in advance because if you go overboard in your trip you shouldn’t get stuck. Another important thing to consider for budget-friendly travel is when you are booking your tickers. We recommend that you book your tickets on a Tuesday and fly midweek as weekend flights are generally expensive and it also saves you from long queues and waiting time at the airport.
- Use public transport: When you go to a new destination travel how the locals are travelling, avoid expensive cabs and prefer public transport. Not only it will save you a lot of money but it also gives you a glimpse of the life of the people there and how they travel to work. Often it may feel a little overwhelming and the fear of reaching the wrong destination but in travel, there is no such thing as a wrong destination as everything is part of your experience and if you miss out on it you lose. Using public transport is an important thing to consider for budget-friendly travel.
- Earn while you travel: If you can do this nothing like it, and trust us it is not as difficult as it sounds. If you have skills that you can trade for money then you can increase your travel for a longer duration. You could teach people how to ski, or teach a language maybe become a bartender, whatever your skills are put them to use where people need them and enjoy your stay without any stress.
This is a list of things to consider in budget-friendly travel, just remember that travel is not as expensive as it may appear follow these tips and you will be able to see the world without having to worry too much about your finances. We hope you will find this information useful about the things you should consider for pocket-friendly travel and in your next trip try incorporating some of these tips and see the results for yourself.
Image Credit: Image by tawatchai07 on Freepik